Whitefriars College (Australia)Whitefriars College is situated on the outskirts of Melbourne, a cosmopolitan city of 4 million people in the south-east corner of Australia. In the peace and tranquillity of twenty hectares of natural bushland, boys from Years 7 to 12 are educated in a caring and challenging atmosphere by the Carmelite Order and its lay staff.
The College enjoys a high reputation in both academic and business arenas. Old Collegians now live and work in many parts of the world, in careers which began in the caring, supportive and challenging classrooms at Donvale.
With a current student population of over one thousand boys, Whitefriars offers a broad curriculum ensuring that the interests and talents of all our students are catered for. They are encouraged to achieve their best possible academic results and given every support to do so.
Guidance about entrance to University and careers is provided, along with regular reporting to parents. The majority of students proceed directly to tertiary education, and many continue on to post-graduate study.
Whitefriars International Student Program features:
* Owned and operated by the Carmelite Order
* Excellence in Education since 1961
* A safe and nurturing environment
* On-campus Orientation, Bridging and Intensive English Course for international students
* Mainstreaming as soon as levels of confidence and competence are appropriate
* ESL classes and ESL support in mainstream classes
* High level of teacher support and individual attention in all subject areas
* Proven record in helping international students achieve their potential
* Thorough preparation for Victorian Certificate of Education
* Emphasis on Mathematics, Computer and Information Technology Studies, Business Studies, Science (with access to six laboratories), Visual and Performing Arts
* Notebook computer program for all Year 7-12 Students
* All-inclusive curriculum enhances development of wide range of talents and skills
* Expansive campus in safe, landscaped environment
* Comprehensive sporting facilities - three ovals, two gymnasiums, inter-school sport, Outdoor Learning Program and Personal Development Program
* Library with Internet Access
* Training in research and study skills
* Pastoral Care program ensures students' needs are known and met
* Full-time Careers Advisor and Work Experience Coordinator
* Counsellor and Chaplain, Canteen, Sick Bay and Uniform Shop on campus
* 1000 local students, up to 50 international students from China, Hong Kong, Korea, Vietnam, Indonesia, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Japan
* Public Transport access into school grounds
* Accommodation in College approved homestays - close liaison maintained with providers
* Guardianships, Airport pick-up, assistance with opening bank accounts and purchasing uniform
* Application fee and the above costs all included in Homestay and Support Program fee.
|Company:||Whitefriars College (Australia)|
|Contact Name:||<< Hidden Information >>|
|Address:||<< Hidden Information >>|
|City:||<< Hidden Information >>|
|Zip/Postal Code:||<< Hidden Information >>|
|State/Province:||<< Hidden Information >>|
|Country:||<< Hidden Information >>|
|Phone:||<< Hidden Information >>|
|Fax:||<< Hidden Information >>|
|E-mail:||<< Hidden Information >> [ Send Private Message ]|
|Total Jobs posted:||1|
The following ESL jobs have been posted by this company: