5 ESL Teachers needed at EF BaotouEF Baotou
· Teach English in China
· Full Time position
• 20 teaching hours per week
• Plan, prepare and teach classes to a range of ages.
• Test new customers level of English (Oral Placement Tests)
• Work closely with the other departments of the school.
• Complete administration work (tests / student reports, etc...)
• Attend workshops on a range of aspects of teaching
• Promote the school in additional marketing events
• Teach additional classes during peak season (+6 teaching hours)
• Take part in school activities and demo classes
Baotou is located in Inner Mongolia, an area of China which isn't as populated as others. The Yin mountains are to the north of the city and the Yellow River to the south. This is an ideal location for those who love the outdoors, in summer you can go mountain climbing, go to the yellow river to take part in a host of water sports. Saihantala is also the only grassland park in China that is within an urban area, this is protected land and has skiing in winter as well as other activities in summer. Yin mountains have skiing and snowboarding in winter, too. There are a lot of parks around the city, with locals saying you are never more than a 10 minute walk away from a park.
Baotou is a city which is developing at a quick rate, it has one of the highest GDPs for a city in China, it's making the city develop quickly and the government are focused on making it look as nice as possible. The streets are in a gridlock formation, and have long wide avenues running north to south and east to west.
Our school offers the following packages:
• Up to 17,000 RMB Gross Monthly Salary
• 10,000-12,000RMB Net Monthly Salary
• 9,000 RMB Flight allowance
• 1,000 RMB Monthly accommodation paid by school (typical rent for a 1 bedroom apartment ranges from 600 - 1000RMB)
• 5,000 RMB Yearly medical & dental insurance
• 280 RMB TKT Qualification through University of Cambridge
• Visa application process costs
• Tax paid by school
• 22 days holiday (2 weeks paid + 12 national holidays paid)
• 5 Working days per week (Mon & Tues or Tues & Wed off - off peak)
• 3,000 RMB re-signing bonus
• 2 weeks contract break (return home or travel)
Since December 2016 there has been a change in policies and the following are all local government policies for work visa requirement:
• Must hold a passport from one of the following countries - Canada, USA, Ireland, UK, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand (government policy)
• Must be 22+ years old
• Must have a BA degree (has to be authenticated through education department of home country and then by the Chinese consulate)
• Must have minimum of 120 Hour online TEFL certificate
• Criminal Background Check (Must be notarized and then you have to get it authenticated by Chinese consulate)
• Medical check needs to be done (I can send a form - ECG and x-rays are not required)
Please contact the Director of Studies: email@example.com or Senior Teacher: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your CV and scan of passport (please blank out information, we just need it to verify your nationality due to government policies which currently restrict us to hiring non native English speakers)
Interviews will be done either on Skype or wechat (please download wechat as the connection is usually quicker and more stable than Skype in China)
If you would like more details, please contact us for a copy of our School's welcome pack which has information about the school, job, contract, the city, etc.
Please do not send in your application unless you meet all the requirements, anyone who doesn't have a passport from either Canada, USA, Ireland, UK, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand, will not be replied to.
Again, please note, you don't need to have been born in those countries, just have a passport from them.
Required qualifications, skills + experience: