International school English teacherYaen China
· Teach English in China
· Full Time position
We opened in September 2017 with 120 students in grade 1 with 21 staff (including 5 international).
Next year the school will grow to 360 students with almost 50 staff (including 7 international)
The school follows the Chinese State Curriculum and supports the English programme with Cambridge leveled readers, Cambridge YLE exams and differentiated instruction using the Daily 5 literacy programme.
Positive behavior for learning is supported using ClassDojo.
We're in a beautiful new campus with an indoor swimming pool.
International and teachers and domestic teachers have the same teaching delivery and results expectations.
Parents are actively involved in school life organizing a variety of activities in and out of school.
Academic Staff are issued with a school laptop.
The school provides a staff uniform for formal and special occasions (5 or 6 times per year)
The staff workroom includes a large three drawer desk with communal; stationary, printer and paper, water cooler, hot water, tea, coffee and fridge.
Number of teachers required
3 English Language Arts teachers (prefer primary trained with several years experience)
International staff 2017
From September 2018 to July 2019.
Age of students to be taught
6 to 8 years old (Grades 1 and 2)
A combination of small group teaching (8 to 16 children) and full class team-teaching (30 children with two teachers)
Class periods are 40 minutes
Monthly teacher salary
20,000 RMB per month (before tax)
(12 Month Salary TBC)
On campus accommodation is a basic 3 star hotel style single room featuring bed, desk, air conditioning, Wifi and individual bathroom.
A communal cooking and laundry room is provided.
The school dormitory does not allow visitors (including amily)
* Accommodation allowance up to 5,000RMB per semester is available to subsidize living off campus.
Up to 5,000RMB per semester
While basic medical insurance is provided it is recommended to have international travel insurance in place.
Lunch, snacks and dinner are provided Monday to Friday
The work visa is sponsored by the school. The school will reimburse the residence permit application fee.
Candidates should have 3 years of primary school teaching ideally as a homeroom teacher with excellent classroom management.
The ideal candidate
A bright bubbly personality that naturally attracts people to them, is well organized, hard working and has excellent time management.
We are ideally looking for primary trained teachers that are familiar with:
- Learning centers (rotations)
- Inclusive learning
- Guided reading
- Cambridge examinations
- Proactive and outgoing personality with excellent self-management
- Creating classroom resources & displays
- Sharing a talent, skill or interest with artifacts and staff (drama, cycling, music, technology, theatre sports, football, dance etc)
There are no teaching assistants however our planning is designed to build the children's language by doing English in English.
With careful planning it is possible to teach English in English to children with zero English foundation.
1. The person who is USA, U.K., Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Ireland, South Africaï¼will be preferred
2. Experienced teacher who has bachelor degree or above
3. Active in class
If you are interested, please send the following documents to us.
email : email@example.com
We look forward to the possibility of working with you.
1. Updated CV (with valid cell phone number, e-mail address and Skype account)
2. Photocopy of degree is a must
3. Photocopy of the front page of your passport
4. Teaching certificate if any
5. Reference letter is recommended
Required qualifications, skills + experience: