EFL Young Learner and Young Adult Teaching Position in Tangier, MoroccoAmerican Language Center Tangier/ACA Morocco
· Teach English in Morocco
· Full Time position
EFL young learner and young adult teaching position at The American Language Center of Tangier starting in October 2018
The American Language Center Tangier is looking for full-time classroom teachers (21-24 contact hours per week) who are familiar with and supportive of communicative, student-centered language instruction. This entails managing a student-centered classroom with regular, varied pair work and group work activities, games, and in-class task-based projects. We are interested in teachers who keep teacher talk time to a minimum and manage students’ time effectively.
The American Language Center Tangier is a member of the American Cultural Association, a private, non-profit association with 12 language centers located in Morocco. Classrooms are equipped flat-screen TVs with USB ports, computers, wifi, and AC. Our staff room is stocked with supplementary materials.
Professional development opportunities offered through the ALC include in-house workshops and participation in our annual all-ALC TEFL Conference.
• B.A. + CELTA, Trinity CertTESOL, TESOL Via Lingua or an equivalent 120-hour, classroom-based TEFL certification that includes practical teaching with real learners
• At least one year of overseas general EFL teaching experience (full-time), preferably with adolescents, young adolescents and children
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Locally competitive hourly rates by contact hour
3-star hotel accommodations for limited period upon arrival
In kind settling-in reimbursements (limited value) for home furnishings, reimbursable rent deposit, etc
Monthly housing and transportation stipend
Health insurance (80% paid including medical, dental, prescription drugs & hospitalization)
One month paid vacation
20 hours of survival Moroccan Arabic language lessons
Biennial home leave airfare (limited value) starting at the beginning of the period of employment
Other opportunities available:
• Leading clubs for students - weekly meetings conducted in English on a wide variety of topics (such as US History & Culture or Movies).
• Assisting with projects such as lesson plan editing and involvement in our community service club
TO APPLY FOR A POSITION: Send
• a current CV
• a 1-page cover letter briefly describing your teaching philosophy and why you would like to work with ALC Tangier
• scanned copies of relevant diplomas & certificates
• two letters of recommendation from supervisors (with their professional e-mail addresses) to:
• Mark Holbrook, Director
firstname.lastname@example.org *Note: Only candidates who meet our criteria will be contacted for this position.
Please visit our website (www.alctangier.org) for general information and our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ALC.T angier/
Required qualifications, skills + experience: