Kindergarten teachers needed for August 2018 start in PragueSunny Canadian International School
· Teach English in Czech Republic
· Full Time position
SCIS consists of four parts: an English Kindergarten (ages 2-6), a bilingual Elementary School first stage (Grades 1-5), bilingual Second Stage (Grades 6-9), and bilingual High School (grades 10-13).. This private school is located in a suburb of Prague with a modern school building, a large garden and playground, and a forest nearby. About 80% of children come from Czech families and 20% from various nationalities or multilingual families. We have a unique bilingual curriculum, accredited by both the Czech Ministry of Education and Cambridge International Examinations. Teachers are urged and expected to use interactive, hands-on instruction.
· Small class sizes of no more than 14 students in Kindergarten
· Czech lessons for international teachers
· Supplemental compensation for professional development
· Family-style atmosphere
· A chance to live in one of the most affordable and exciting cities in Europe
Sunny Canadian International School (SCIS) employs fun, enthusiastic, and creative teachers who are interested in living in the beautiful and historic city of Prague, Czech Republic. All applicants must be proficient speakers of English. No knowledge of Czech language is necessary. Preference is given to EU passport-holders.
· Initial teaching contracts are 2 years, with 8 weeks annual paid holiday.
· Weekly working hours include lesson instruction, staff meetings, collaborative planning, parent consultations, lunch, breaks and/or recess supervision, and substitution as needed. Teachers without a full teaching load may be required to fill their schedules with additional tutorials, extra courses, or other duties. Working hours also include participation in extracurricular activities such as special events, team building, celebrations, parent meetings, and other school related activities which sometimes happen outside of normal school hours. Specific examples include Christmas markets, Halloween party, and Easter celebrations.
Health insurance (including dental care) and social benefits are paid by the school.
SCIS employs an external visa consultant to facilitate securing work and residency visas.
· Sick leave is compensated according to the Czech national health system.
· Classes take two week-long trips per year: a winter (ski/snowboard) trip and spring trip. Teachers may be asked to join in leading such overnight trips.
· Classes spend one sleepover at school per year. Teachers may be asked to join in planning and supervising such overnight events.
· Due to our school’s unique bilingual model and rapid growth, teachers are expected to actively contribute to curriculum design and enhancement.
· University bachelor’s degree (education or early childhood studies preferred)
· Previous full-time experience with children
· Qualification or experience teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)
· Ability to play a musical instrument
Other desired qualities – our ideal candidate is:
Timely with paperwork
Willing to go the extra mile for students and colleagues
Interested candidates should send their CV to Kindergarten Head of English Studies firstname.lastname@example.org
Required qualifications, skills + experience: