Teach Young Learners at a Private International School in Changhua, TaiwanReach To Teach
· Teach English in Taiwan
· Full Time position
This position is located in Chang Hua City (aka: Chang Hwa City). It should be very easy to find on a map of Taiwan (West coast, just south of Taichung City).
Chang hua City it not a large metropolis, but it has the usual entertainments and places to shop, etc. Changhua is just outside of Taichung City and you can access Taichung easily though the train and bus network.
Chang Hua is a very popular destination for teachers that want to see the more rustic and authentic side of Taiwan (not the big city life). It’s also a popular location for teachers that want to push themselves to learn Chinese, live in a smaller city, have access to the great outdoors and have access to the bigger cities whenever they want a night on the town.
This area offers a solid expatriate community with access to wider expat community in Taichung.
Living expenses in Chang Hua will be far lower than in the bigger cities so you will have a good opportunity to enjoy a comfortable lifestyle while also saving money each month. Chuang Hua therefore offers a truly unique and ‘non mainstream’ challenge.
The owner of this school is a nice Taiwanese woman who speaks English fluently. This is a great benefit in working at the school: communication should be easier and more seamless than it is at most schools in Taiwan. The school is a large and spacious school. The classrooms are spacious and there is a teacher’s office, where you will have your own desk.
START DATE: Mid-August 2018
- You must be a native English speaker from one of the following countries: Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, the UK and the US
- Some experience working with children
- 120-hour+ TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certification (Please review the Reach To Teach TEFL page for options on TEFL courses)
- You must be willing to work weekday nights and weekends
- Clean National Background Check
Number of English foreign teachers: 3 full time English teachers
- MONTHLY SALARY: NT$57,000 per month
- PERFORMANCE BONUS: Included
- HOUSING: The school offers shared accommodation for teachers or they will help you find housing. You can expect to pay around $150USD for housing in Changhua.
- PAID VACATION: Yes, plus National Holidays
- Paid National holidays
- Work permit and ARC provided
- Free health and dental insurance
- Airport pick-up
- 26 teaching hours plus six office hours per week
- Small classes: 7-15 students per class
- Teacher training: You will observe classes and receive hands on training from the director of the school and your co-teachers.
- Teach young learners from 7 years old up to high school
- Lots of opportunity to save! Changhua offers an extremely low cost of living.
The ideal teacher is someone that really wants to teach and be fully involved with their students. Good planning and teaching is hard work – but you get back what you put in. Successful applicants must commit to a full year.
If you meet the above mentioned criteria, we want to hear from you!
Required qualifications, skills + experience: