Qualified English Native Teachers in ThailandMediaKids
· Teach English in Thailand
· Contract Full Time position
· 0000 USD
MediaKids Academy organizes with Chulalongkorn University in placing 30 NATIVE ENGLISH TEACHERS for the University’s ‘Nontaburi Teaching Project’.
AIM: To assist and encourage the students to be able to speak English with confidence and fluency.
Schools: Nontaburi, Thailand
Subject: Basic English Conversation (curriculum will be provided).
Teaching hours: 20-22 hrs/wk
Work days/hours: Monday to Friday from 8.00 am.- 4.30 pm.
Class size: Ave. of 45 students/class
Primary: 6-12 years old (grade 1-6.
Secondary:13-18 years old (grade 7-12)
TERM OF CONTRACT
November 1, 2007 to September 30, 2008
1st semester: November 1, 2007 to February 29, 2008
Semester’s break: March 1, 2008 to April 30, 2008
2nd semester: May 1, 2008 to September 30, 2008
• Health Insurance: The employer will provide the teacher’s health insurance budget of 2,500 baht per year.
• Work Permit: The employer will provide the teacher a work permit based on the contract term.
• Non-Immigrant B Visa: The employer will provide documents only for the application for Non-B Immigrant visa
• Orientation Course: The employer will provide the teacher a free 3-4 days orientation course prior to teaching
• Consultant: The employer will provide the teacher a consultant to help out with any problems/concerns.
• Airport Pick-up: The employer will provide the teacher a free airport pick-up (following a scheduled plan)
• Training Course: Oct. 24-26, 2007 at Mandarin Hotel around Sam Yan area, next to Silom Rd. Hotel accommodation and free lunch will be provided during the training course.
NOTE: As much as we would like to provide free airfare for those teachers who will be coming from abroad, we cannot do so for this project. However, the University provides assistance in finding accommodation for them.
• 40,000 baht per month for the BA in education or English or Linguistics/BA or BS with TEFL or TESOL certificate
• 35,000 per month for the 1st semester and *40,000 for the 2nd semester (BA or BS teachers who have NO TEFL or TESOL certificate. NOTE: This is for teachers who will take either TEFL/TESOL course. The course fee for our teacher is only USD500 in Thailand (the regular tuition for such courses is USD1,950, but the MediaKids Academy will take care of the rest of the fee for the teachers). Once the teachers earned TEFL/TESOL course, they will earn *40,000 baht/mo. for the 2nd semester. The course will start in early October 2007.
NOTE: For applicants with college degree but have no TEFL or TESOL certificate and not willing to take such either of these ESL teaching courses can teach for the Media Kids (not for Nontaburi Teaching Project). As much as we would like to provide free airfare for teachers who are not in Thailand, we cannot possible do so for this project.
For those teachers who have no TESOL/TEFL certificate, they should be in Thailand within September 24-29, 2007 because TEFL course starts on Oct. 1st.
For those teachers who have TESOL.TEFL, they should be in Thailand within October 17-23, 2007 to check in on the 23rd at the hotel for the Training Course (Orientation), which starts on Oct 24th.
Please scan and send the following requirements via email:
1. A copy of an accredited college/university diploma and/or transcript record, and/or TEFL/TESOL certificate (not acquired from online study)
2. 1 pc. 2X2 photo and 1 full-body photo (Please look professional) 3. A copy of passport page
4. A copy of police clearance (You can apply for this either in your country of residence or at your Embassy via online)
5. A detailed resume
Required qualifications, skills + experience:
• Native English speakers;
• College/University degree and/or TEFL/TESOL; or
• Some college earned units but with TEFL/TESOL certificate
• 22-45 years old
NOTE: One of the goals of the Schools is for teachers to be role models to their students. Therefore, we much prefer applicants with no tattoo/s, do not wear nose rings, etc.