Conversational English InstructorAmerican English Center
· Teach English in Ukraine
· Contract Full Time position
· 1000 USD
Dnipropetrovsk, Karkiv, & Kyiv
Training Begins January 11th
American English Center, Ukraine's largest English school with 6 locations and more than 2200 students is searching for conversational English instructors for its center of city locations in Kyiv, Dnipropetrovsk, and Karkiv. AEC works in cities with populations exceeding 1 million.
For more than 9 years American English Center has been recruiting native English speakers to work in its schools. The school is managed by American trained administrators. American English Center is a respected name in Ukraine. It has built a solid reputation with teachers and students. More than 80% of the schools students join through referral. We are serious about our program and believe it's the best in Ukraine. We are so confident that we offer our students a 100% refund if they are not happy with their course or instructor.
AEC offers its students the best value in Ukraine. We offer small classes of no more than 12 students. Our students are professional usually in the age range of 18 – 35 years. Students are given 6 hours of direct instruction per week with both Ukrainian and North American teacher. Plus, there are conversation clubs available every day at no additional charge to students. Students and teachers also have a DVD Library available to borrow from.
American English Center will grow rapidly over the next two years. This year's plan is to open 3 schools this year.
Currently we are looking to fill positions beginning in Dnipropetrovsk, Kharkiv, and Kiev. Training for these positions begins on January 11th.
American English Center looks to build a community of like-minded teachers who enjoy spending time with each other professionally and socially. This year the median age of our 35 North American teachers is about 27 years old. The school is looking for additional teachers that will enjoy taking part in our community.
Required qualifications, skills + experience:
- North American's (Canada and United States whose mother tongue is English.)
- able to illustrate the use of grammar in conversational English
- Energy, enthusiasm, creativity, and desire to teach are critical requirements
- new and novice teachers welcome and encouraged to apply
** TEFL, CELTA and other certificates not necessary**
The AEC program was developed about 12 years ago when it was difficult to find native speakers. AEC developed a proprietary program that pairs North American teachers with Ukrainian teachers. Ukrainians teach grammatical concepts and North Americans reinforce those concepts in spoken English.
- teaching is primarily in 4 – 6 hour blocks at fixed location, but corporate work may also be required.
- 26 standard student-contact hours per week
- attendance at monthly staff meetings and one student progress report.
- no homework checking -- No exam grading
- additional hours may be available in our corporate program
- Minimum $2000usd per 7 week semester during the academic year.
- Two bonus systems in place including a student retention bonus.
- Opportunities for additional corporate work paid at an hourly rate.
- One week off after every seven week semester ( more during summer and Christmas breaks)
Teacher Support Services:
- Airport pickup
- Apartment and roommate service
- Free introductory Russian language tutoring with textbook provided.
- On staff concierge at each school to help instructors with daily life
- Mobile phone loaned to teachers (not service)
- opportunity to transfer to schools in other cities
- 2 week training period to introduce the AEC educational approach - with instruction in teaching methodology, class observation, mock teaching, and guest teaching
- Reviews by training director each semester.
- Teachers lesson support manual
- On-going monthly training with one of the school's training director.
- Monthly staff meetings