English Language Teaching Position in SeoulOxford University Press Korea
· Teach English in South Korea
· Full Time position
Educational Services Consultant
Department: Asia Educational Services
Division: English Language Teaching
Location: Seoul, South Korea
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford, which furthers the University’s objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
The ELT Division is a global leader in the provision of high-quality multimedia English language teaching and learning materials. Operating in over 100 countries, it reaches millions of teachers and students each year to support the development of English language proficiency.
About the role
To plan, create, deliver and coordinate teacher training and professional development seminars, services or resources in South Korea and/ or surrounding markets. These activities will be in support of local and/ or regional objectives including (but not limited to) enhancing the division’s educational profile and customer reach, and securing or retaining adoptions of OUP product.
Key responsibilities of the roles will include:
1. Coordination and direct provision of external teacher-training presentations to support key launches, campaigns and approved initiatives.
2. Coordinating and providing product information and internal product training to OUP staff to support promotional activities or personal learning.
3. Creates or manages creation of customized content in support of promotional or business activities (syllabi, lesson plans etc.) as requested.
4. Collaborates with the AM (Area Manager) or any other parties on creation and submission of publishing proposals if requested. Manages any subsequent communication with the appropriate Publishing Manager/ Publishing Center regarding publishing content.
Local Market Support Liaison
5. Based on a thorough understanding of forthcoming and existing product advises and supports the AM/ Marketing Manager to plan and carry out activities.
Market Development and Research
6. Gathers and relays knowledge and feedback concerning the market.
The ideal candidates will possess the following experience and qualities:
• Degree level qualification and/ or recognized professional TEFL qualification (Diploma or Master’s level)
• Native-speaker level mastery of English and local language.
• Minimum of 5 years EFL/ ESL teaching experience (some abroad) with a wide range of student types, including young learners.
• Computer literate (PowerPoint, Word, Educational Technology tools. e.g. IWB, Learning Management Systems etc.)
• Strong knowledge of ELT course books and materials
• Willingness to travel extensively
• Some commercial or marketing experience
Salary dependent on skills and experience.
(for queries only - click 'Apply' below to apply)
Required qualifications, skills + experience: